Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just Checking In

It has been three weeks since I have been on here to say anything, but like everyone, we have been extremely busy! I continue to work full time at my workplace and even made up about 10 hours that I lost in going on vacation to Hilton Head. Brian continues to work full time, and also preached the last two Sundays at a church in Spring Hope, NC, which also helped pay some bills! We stayed last weekend in a beautiful cabin near the church, compliments of one of their members, for one night, and it was so nice and relaxing that I could hardly stand coming home on Sunday afternoon.
William's last week of care where I work is this week, and then he will stay across the street with a neighbor for 4 weeks until Grandma is out of school, and then he will hang with her for the summer until we move. We feel this is a much better arrangement financially, mentally and emotionally for all of us. He likes his teachers, but not the rowdy children around him. And he sees me occasionally during the day, and that stirs his emotions. William has also expressed that he wants to do this too.
There have also been some changes in my NY family; my grandmother moved into a assisted living facility for those with severe dementia about two weeks ago and seems to be enjoying it. She gets more visitors there than when she was at home as well. It was a tough decision for her children, but I truly believe it was the right one for everyone. My thanks to her former boss, Fred Lee, for buying her long term care insurance, which now helps pay her expenses for the remainder of her life, which may be quite long, and she is only 79 next week (I say only; the women in her line live to almost 100).
In the next three weeks, I will be an aunt for the first time! My sister in law is ready to go at anytime, and they will have a son and name him Noah Jackson Carter; a great name. William will have his first cousin (who is a first cousin!) sometime between now and Mother's Day.
The last thing to note today is that God works in mysterious ways - one of the ladies from my playgroup in Rockingham, whom I never really got to know, but really hit it off with, has moved to where we live, and enrolled her daughter in my preschool! She had forgotten we had moved here, and didn't email me and say she was moving, and she just walked into my center and enrolled her daughter! So we have reconnected and plan on getting together throughout the center. I hope to invite her to our church and show her around town!
We continue to be busy; this week will actually be a little less busy (if I don't get a nephew), but continue to pray for us as we continue in this time of transition, getting our ducks in a row for Louisville. We love you all and may God bless you.

Jen, Brian and William

No comments: