Monday, March 31, 2008

A Year Ago

If you had told me a year ago I would be where I am today, I might have called you crazy. I am sitting at Disney's Hilton Head Resort, thinking about the past year.
A year ago I was recovering from giving birth to our son Matthew, who had died 10 days prior, unknown to us until a checkup, and going through the worst pain of my life. The good news is, over the year, the pain has lessened and we have moved on. It still stings to think that I might have been sitting here with a 7 month old baby and not a computer, but we know Matthew is in a better place.
A year ago life was different; we were in Rockingham, now we are in Willow Spring. I was staying home, now I teach full time. My husband was a pastor, now he works at Food Lion until we move to KY in July.
We are looking forward to the future, and what God has in store, and we hope that includes another child sometime in 2009.
For all of you who have loved and lost lately, remember that you will get through it. I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death and have come out on the other side a stronger person for it.
Remember God loves you and wants the best for you. He is there for you.

Love, Jen

No comments: