Monday, February 18, 2008

New Beginnings

2008 is only 7 weeks old, and it has been quite the year for myself and my family. My husband resigned as pastor on Feb 3, and we moved in with his parents the following day. In the last 15 days, I have gone from being a stay at home mom to a full time teacher, with my son at home with dad, and am adjusting to living with another family for the first time since college. My three year old son is still in the stage of confusion; wanting to stay but wanting to go back to our former home. In the midst of all this, I have seen the hand of God working in my life by providing me with a good job that is providing for our needs for the present time. We took a leap of faith by moving to a place where we knew no one but my in laws, and God is rewarding us for our obedience. On another happy note - my dad's mother turned 90 today, a huge milestone in a family that doesn't live past 75. God has blessed her with a long life, in which she is still sharp minded, mobile, and driving! These last 7 weeks have brought my little family of myself, my husband and our son closer together than what we had been since our second son died last year halfway through my pregnancy.
So here's to new beginnings, a new home and a new life, compliments of a God who loves us so much, and you too.

Grace & Peace,
Jen

No comments: